cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove preexisting contacts suggested for file sharing?

4 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Remove preexisting contacts suggested for file sharing?

I have read Help files and they did not help me at all.

When I open Share for files or folders and start typing, it shows me a list of suggested contacts - both in the web interface and in my Windows 10 folders.

I want this list to be empty.

There is my ex-husband popping up on that list, and apart from me not wanting to see anything reminding me of that person, I also do not want to accidentally share anything to that cheating **bleep**.

My Windows 10 contacts ARE empty, People app is empty, I have removed this contact from my Gmail, social networks etc., I have deleted all contacts from my Dropbox, disconnected all emails, so Gmail is not connected to Dropbox, I also stopped sharing and left any shared folders and files I had in common with that contact. It's nowhere to be seen.

Yet it still crops up the first thing at the top of the suggested contacts list.

Why, for the love of God, can't I get rid of him!? Please, help!

4 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Remove preexisting contacts suggested for file sharing?

Hi croicroga, 

Thanks for asking your question in our forum.

I can understand the importance of wanting to edit or clear the suggested contacts! I don’t currently have any solution to offer for this, except possibly creating a new Dropbox account, but then you would lose any space you have earned over the years. 

I assure you, however, that our team has been made aware of the need for this feature, and are currently reviewing it. 

Cheers

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 2

Any idea if there is a fix yet?  I just tried to share something and the list populates with an old boss and contacts from a job I haven't been at for years - would really like to delete them.

Super User II

Nothing has changed. You can remove thirdy-party contacts, but any contacts that have been learned cannot be edited/removed as of yet.

Level 2

One day at the Dropbox office... "User-oriented GUI? What's that, we've never heard of this new thing. Let's review the idea for a few more decades, bros".