Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Removing team members

I have 3 other members in my team on my Dropbox Business Standard account, these 3 members have uploaded files to the Team area, I want to keep their content.  I am the admin, if I remove their access from the Team, will their content remain in the Team area which I am admin for and will I still be able to access and use these files, without them having access?

Thanks

3 Replies
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: Removing team members

Hi there, if you delete the team members, you can transfer their data to another member on your team.

If you wish, you can transfer it to yourself so you can manage the files however you wish to do so.

Hope this helps!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Thanks.  Does the option to dictate whether I manage the info from their member space come when/after I go through the 'remove team member from shared folder' option?  Just so i can understand the workflow...  Thanks

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Okay, this is different to what you mentioned about removing a person’s access to the team, which to me meant deleting a team member.

If you want to instead remove a member from a shared folder, then you’ll need to be the owner or an editor of the folder.

Otherwise, if they’re the owner of the folder, then you can’t remove their access, and the reverse would be true, that they could remove your access.

Assuming you are the owner, you’ll get to keep the data in the folder, and you get an option to allow the removed members to keep a local copy of the data if you wish.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Sharing and collaboration.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post