cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find shared files and folders on Dropbox

How to find shared files and folders on Dropbox

jbrune
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Someone shared a folder with me and sent me a link.  Some time later I went back to my dropbox account but I don't see the folder they shared with me.  Do I have to memorize the link so I can get to folders that were shared with me?  I assume I would see it right on my dropbox page, and if I'm not mistaked there used to be a "folders shared with you" section.  It's not too useful if I have to keep track of links for shared folders.

I'm sure this has been answered a million times already, but I couldn't find it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No, the way everything is working is correct - you've been sent a read only link. That is what you need to click on each time you want to access the files. Thats right.

You either need to click on the link while logged in and select 'Add to my Dropbox' (probably from a computer), or, save the link somewhere.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If its only a link you need to keep the link and access it that way each time to make sure you get the most up to date version - it doesnt automatically add to your account. You can click on 'Add to my Dropbox' when on the link, BUT, please note this will take a one time snapshot of the files and add that to your account. Should these files change they will not update on your account. If you dont have the email anymore you may find it at www.dropbox.com/links

If its a shared FOLDER (which reading what you said I doubt) it will be in your account if you accepted it. You can do that at www.dropbox.com/share

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

jbrune
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I click on the original link it's actually a file and three folders that appear.  When I click on the "links" link you sent, I get the message "No links created yet.", but I definitely still have access.  Just seems like there should be a way that I could see them from my dropbox without having to save the url somewhere.  And how can I get to it from the app in my iphone?  I guess I'll have to create a file in my dropbox that has the URL to the shared files/folders?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
No, the way everything is working is correct - you've been sent a read only link. That is what you need to click on each time you want to access the files. Thats right.

You either need to click on the link while logged in and select 'Add to my Dropbox' (probably from a computer), or, save the link somewhere.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    jbrune Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?