cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
3 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Spoofed invitation?

This morning, I received an e-mail inviting me to join a shared folder. I was hesitant, but followed the link and ended up at a sign-in page telling me I could sign in using an e-mail account. Of course, I didn't log in, -- the page looked genuine, but the address was did not mention Dropbox at all, so I bailed. The page asking for my e-mail address is http://acendedor.com.br/download/0120664d2039d372600568f74754e29d/

So I actually have two questions:

1. Is this a spoof? and, 

2. Is there anywhere that invitation would be posted when I log into my account for real (so I can verify it's a real invite?)
Thanks

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: Spoofed invitation?

It's definitely not a legitimate Dropbox website. Any shared folders that you're invited to would also appear on the Sharing page.

3 Replies
Super User II

It's definitely not a legitimate Dropbox website. Any shared folders that you're invited to would also appear on the Sharing page.

Level 2

Thanks for the help, Rich -- good to know about the sharing page (I hope we helped keep other users from getting drawn in!)

Level 3

I received an invitation to share a Dropbox folder from someone called Ana w, email skywalker3594@hotmail.co.uk know no-one of that name or email address so have not even touched the link, and will probably delete the email. Suspected spoof.

Sharing and Collaboration

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • Bill D.9
  • TrishS
  • Rich