Spoofed invitation?

SOLVED
Go to solution
3 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Spoofed invitation?

This morning, I received an e-mail inviting me to join a shared folder. I was hesitant, but followed the link and ended up at a sign-in page telling me I could sign in using an e-mail account. Of course, I didn't log in, -- the page looked genuine, but the address was did not mention Dropbox at all, so I bailed. The page asking for my e-mail address is http://acendedor.com.br/download/0120664d2039d372600568f74754e29d/

So I actually have two questions:

1. Is this a spoof? and, 

2. Is there anywhere that invitation would be posted when I log into my account for real (so I can verify it's a real invite?)
Thanks

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Spoofed invitation?

It's definitely not a legitimate Dropbox website. Any shared folders that you're invited to would also appear on the Sharing page.

3 Replies
Solution
Super User II

It's definitely not a legitimate Dropbox website. Any shared folders that you're invited to would also appear on the Sharing page.

Level 2

Thanks for the help, Rich -- good to know about the sharing page (I hope we helped keep other users from getting drawn in!)

Level 3

I received an invitation to share a Dropbox folder from someone called Ana w, email skywalker3594@hotmail.co.uk know no-one of that name or email address so have not even touched the link, and will probably delete the email. Suspected spoof.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4916
Mark 3867
Jane 1105
Greg K. 825
Tom_M 886