cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: There’s no option to attach a Dropbox file on iPhone X

There’s no option to attach a Dropbox file on iPhone X

Shmuel_brummel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently got the iPhone X and cannot attach dropbox files in the Gmail app. Please help 😞

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
What steps are you taking? If you're starting within the Gmail app and it's not letting you, then you need to contact Google as they would be the ones to support that function.

From the Dropbox app, you can export the file and chose the Open In option and select the Gmail app. It should open the app and start a new message with the file attached.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
What steps are you taking? If you're starting within the Gmail app and it's not letting you, then you need to contact Google as they would be the ones to support that function.

From the Dropbox app, you can export the file and chose the Open In option and select the Gmail app. It should open the app and start a new message with the file attached.

matt228
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

On the iphone, go to files, browse, edit and toogle the dropbox on.

You can now access dropbox in the add attachment function in emails.

Gordyn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Where do you go to files?

matt228
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I’m not a tech person, but on my iPhone I’m referring to the app labled files that came on the phone.

ptrlkrs
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

An excellent and knowledgable answer. I mean, it's basically a labyrith to get to the end of this settings-chain, and while instructions by matt228 are clear and sufficient, I would never have found this on my own. Meanwhile, note that this will not resolve access to Dropbox in the iOS Gmail app on the iphone (at least not for me). My impression is that Google has restricted the Gmail app to only allow access to files in the camera app and their own Drive app, trying to force users away from using Dropbox. A strategy that doesn't work with me. I switched to using a different client on iPhone instead.

Pookeyblow
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution
I’m also unable to attach files from Dropbox in Gmail. It says online that it’s possible, but I can’t figure out how to. I’ve installed "Dropbox for Gmail", but it does not work for me. I’m a ble to save an attachment from Gmail to Dropbox, but not the other way around. Why?

gcandiota
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hint: access your gmail mailbox from web client. Ex: if you access gmail.com in your browser from iPad or iPhone, the attach button will then show the option to get files from Dropbox. That’s it! Hope This workaround helps!

Mbasdinkci
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Install Filess app from App Store.
Click on Browse and then click Edit on top.
Turn on Dropbox under Locations.
Click on Dropbox under Locations and then select the files you want to send by clicking Select on top.
Click on send icon (square and arrow looking upwards)
Select Gmail from the menu and send.

rsaito
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This is one solution.  But we can't still attach a Dropbox file while using the gmail app.

Need more support?