cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off comments for all files?

Turn off comments for all files?

John M.153
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Quick question:
Is there a way to turn off comments for any and all files? If one never wants to use comments, will that window always have to appear?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Disabling comments completely is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. For everyone else, you can turn off comments for an individual file, but that's it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Disabling comments completely is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. For everyone else, you can turn off comments for an individual file, but that's it.

Franc W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

That surely is a strategy to annoy the free users and to make them buy the product or leave.

It is one reason for me, to use the gallery as few as possible, I use dropbox mostly just as backup.

monica m.26
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, this is particularly annoying you can't turn them off, as its something else sucking up bandwith besides a feature that doesn't work (except on the individual file).  I have to 'hide' comments in order to scroll through items or it hangs as performance is slow.

Don W.8
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

When I am paying $100. +, I should have the control to turn off comments for all files in a folder just like the business accounts.  As a pro user with a TB of space, I can be uploading a folder with hundreds of files.  I should not be expected to go through each file 1 by 1 to turn off comments.  I'm paying for this service.  Give me control. Tkx

Asterion
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I am unable to even turn off comments for 1 file. The stupid "Help" files are for a previous incarnation of the interface, and do not apply to the current version!!
Talks about "not giving a **** about the user"!!
I can't believe they expect people to pay for this shoddy stuff.

tkimberley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also a pro user and have been unable to turn off comments, despite selecting that option in the document. Futher, the comments dominate the notification list, so I can no longer view the 'recently changed files' when I click on the desktop icon. Please provide a solution as this makes the entire DB product extremely less usable.

tkimberley
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have opened the individual file and selected "disable comments" and "hide resolved comments", but the notifications still appear in my desktop DB icon notification list. Futher, the comments dominate the notification list, so I can no longer view the 'recently changed files' when I click on the desktop icon. Please provide a solution as this makes the entire DB product extremely less usable. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It isnt possible to clear notification lists I'm afraid. They will disappear themselves over time

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

usrcm
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Shame!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

usrcm Helpful | Level 6
    Mark Super User II
    tkimberley New member | Level 2
    Asterion Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?