Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to share folder

SOLVED
3 Comments
0 Kudos
Level 3

Unable to share folder

When I share a folder and the person I'm sharing with clicks on the 'Go to folder' link in the Dropbox email, they get a 'This page cannot be displayed error'. How can I resolve this? Does the person I'm sharing with have to install Dropbox on their computer to access? Also, I did a 'create/copy link' and emailed the person the link and they get the same error.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Unable to share folder

Hi ddale

If you want to share a folder with someone, the recipient must have a Dropbox account in order to accept the invitation to the folder, which is going to be added to their account. When it comes to the shared link, you need to copy-paste the link to the file and not the url. More about the process can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/167. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more clarifications about that. 

Thanks, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

3 Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Hi ddale

If you want to share a folder with someone, the recipient must have a Dropbox account in order to accept the invitation to the folder, which is going to be added to their account. When it comes to the shared link, you need to copy-paste the link to the file and not the url. More about the process can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/help/167. 

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you need more clarifications about that. 

Thanks, 

JaneA

Level 3

Thanks so much for the reply and info, JanaA. That anserwed my question, as I was wondering if the person you want to share with must have Dropbox, also. That wasn't clear in the Dropbox instructions (or else I overlooked it somewhere). Much appreciated!

Dropboxer

Hi ddale

Glad this helped! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

JaneA