Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

View size of file using web interface

Level 8

I find that I can't always view the size of a file using the web interface. It doesn't show it at all in list view and the recommended way, using Version History, doesn't work right. My browser is Edge (v. 44, I believe this is the latest). Although there is plenty of horizontal space, the size (and the name, by the way) is shown with ... so I can't see the full size. 

Would it be possible to fix the table alignment or provide a tooltip to show the full size info?

Annotation 2019-03-15 090206.png

3 Replies

Re: View size of file using web interface

Dropboxer

Hey there Peter, thanks for your feedback.

Could you please let me know if this is persistent across other browsers and/or when you zoomed out the page you're on while doing this? 

If it does, would it be OK if I reached out to your Dropbox associated email address to have a further look into this and work on it together? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 8

Hi Walter, thanks for the swift reply.

On Edge, the screen shot I posted was with the browser maximized. It doesn't matter if I go full-screen, narrow the browser window, or reduce the zoom (say to 75% ), the size is always cut off.

It shows "389.06 ..." and the full text should be "389.06 MB" (I checked this with View Source) so it's not cut off very much.

I tried with Firefox 65, again on Windows and I saw exactly the same. I don't have access to Chrome, sorry.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Dropboxer

Thanks for the additinal info Peter; I've just sent you a brief message so we can have a further look into this.

Take a look at your inbox (ticket with ID:9013863) and we'll take it from there.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

View size of file using web interface
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post