cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

What is a directory or is that only available on Dropbox Business?

I have someone who wants me to create a Dropbox directory for him so he can upload files to me. I thought just sending him a file request was enough, which worked fine for other people who had to send me stuff.   But he's saying I need to set him up so he can edit that directory by organizing the files, which he can then refer to certain files. I have no idea what he's talking about and I've searched for info about "directory" and am coming up with nothing. Is this a function that is only available on Dropbox Business? 

1 Reply

Re: What is a directory or is that only available on Dropbox Business?

Dropboxer

Hey there @IntheClouds - I'm not sure to what you're referring exactly yet I'll try to help with this.

You are correct to think that you need to open up a file request for others to upload to your Dropbox account (even without an account - they just need an email address for you to send the file request).

If they need edit rights as you described, you'll have to share a folder with them and they'd need to have a Dropbox account and the available quota (i.e. space) to accommodate and edit the folder (i.e. directory in this case) in question.

I hope this helps and please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to ask!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

What is a directory or is that only available on Dropbox Business?
More about this post
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post