Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

download list of sharees and which if my folders they can access

Level 2

I have software that generates data for people. People submit their request and I send them their data via a dropbox folder I share with them. To verify that the right people are receiving the right data I would like to download a list of the people I have shared folders with and which folder they have access to.

Is this possible?

Ian

3 Replies

Re: download list of sharees and which if my folders they can access

Dropboxer
Hey Ian (@ian475), while Dropbox Business admins can monitor their team’s activity through the Activity reports on their admin console, individual users can see file & folder activity if they own the files in question or have edit permissions. 

As I understand that being able to create this report may be important to you (& I appreciate the time you devoted in writing us about it), I’ve added your voice to the feedback gathered internally, since our dev team is actively tracking your interest for future improvements. 

Please feel free to ping me back in case you’d like us to discuss it in more depth & I’d just like to remind you that our Forum Wall is always open to your feedback or questions. Thanks again & enjoy the rest of your day!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Level 2
This does not solve my problem. I may have a hundred separate folders each shared with a few different users, say 200 users in total. I just want an automatable procedure I can use to extract (for valudation purposes) the current state of the shares.

Ian

Dropboxer
Thanks for checking in with us again Ian (@ian475 )! To re-iterate my previous message this feature is available to Dropbox Business admins; if that functionality is important to you, then maybe you could consider choosing a different plan that matches your current needs.  

I remain at your entire disposal should you have any follow-up inquiries. Have a great weekend ahead until we talk again! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

download list of sharees and which if my folders they can access
3 Replies
1 Like