cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

"View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh

Level 5

I'm having issues with comments on Dropbox files. I send files to be reviewed as PDFs through the Dropbox link for each file. When a co-worker reviews the document, they add edits that need to be made by highlighting the portion of text and adding a corresponding comment. When I complete the edit, I mark the comment as "Resolved".

The comments used to be marked with a green check when I did this and then they were hidden from view. For some reason this is no longer happening. They remain on the document untless I refresh the page. Anybody else having this issue?

I'm also having issues with the "View on File" link in the top left corner of each comment. This no longer scrolls through the document to find the location of the comment and I'm left to scrolling and scanning to find each comment. 

I tested in Chrome and Safari... the issue exists in both browsers. I used to use this feature every day and it was very smooth.

I'd love to know if anyone else is having this issue or has a fix!

Thanks!

21 Replies

Re: "View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh

I'm having this issue. I hope Dropbox resolves it soon. I'm going to contact support, I hope you did too.

Re: "View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh

Dropboxer
Thanks for raising this, peeps! 

The first thing that came to my mind would be to try this out on another browser, to use incognito, and to ensure that you’re not running any browser extensions. 

However, from what I understand, you’ve already carried out these initial steps (awesome work on the troubleshooting), so we’ll have to continue the investigation via email due to account-specific info that may be required. 

For this reason, I was able to locate your open requests and have been sent the next steps regarding this matter via email, so please check your inboxes for our latest message.

Cheers! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Yes, I'm having this problem as well, I tried with Safari and Firefox. Scrolling to the place in question doesn't happen. Very inconvenient!

Dropboxer
Thanks for posting your feedback on this thread, @Petja, and welcome aboard! 

I was able to locate your open request from my end and have replied to you there so as to have a more in-depth look. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Cheers! grinning face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

My colleagues and I are also having this problem. Now, I can't even type a reply or new comment. It seems to be getting worse and worse.

Please advise.

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @DevTeam

Could you please confirm for me if you have tried switching to another browser, using incognito, ensuring that you’re not running any browser extensions, as well as clearing your browser’s cache?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil

Level 5

Same here. I am unable to indicate which area of the document my comment refers to. And I am unable to determine what my colleagues are referring to when they comment on a doc.

This abruptly started for everyone on my team a few weeks ago ... so it can't be a glitch. Dropbox made some change to their commenting feature ... incredibly frustrating that there was no email or message about these changes since it's a HUGE part of our workflow processes.

And yes, I have tried this in another browser and still have the same issue.

Dropboxer
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, @eelmore, and sorry to hear that you’re also experiencing this. 

I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile so as to further investigate this with you. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

Level 2

I am having the same issue with my comments on dropbox, can you please post how to resolve the issue

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

"View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh
21 Replies
10 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post