cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: "View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh

Dropboxer
Hi there @agrai, thanks for posting on the Community and I’m sorry to hear that you’re also having this issue. 

Could you please elaborate a bit in order to have a better understanding of what you’re seeing? For example:
  • Are you experiencing this behavior when comments on files (such as .pdf files) or Paper docs?
  • Have you tried switching to another browser or using incognito?
  • Have you by any chance cleared your cache? 
Any additional info would be very helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: "View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh

Level 2

Hi Lusil,

I am tyring to communicate with both my client and retoucher on jpg files.  My retoucher has also told me he can see my notes but is unable to see the box associated with the note.  We have both tried multiple browsers with no success.

Please let me know if you need any other info.

ty

Level 5

We're fine - y'all just changed your commenting approach and it's not nearly as good as the old version where a solid yellow box surrounded the comment area. Don't like the box outline nearly as much, but oh well. So no glitch - just a disappointment in the change made.

Level 5

The problems I experienced a month ago haven't resolved at all. Three browsers, no luck. There is _no_ box or any marking indicating which part the comment refers to, and no scrolling to the relevant page. Can't use this feature at all, which really is a pity! 

Level 5

It's actually not working. We use Dropbox comments to mark edits that need to happen in PDF documents. It used to be that when I clicked on the comment, it would jump to that location on the page. Once I made the edit in my document, I would go back to Dropbox and click "Resolve" on the comment so that it was given a check mark and it then disappeared from the page (unless resolved comments were set to be shown).

There's no point in having a comment that isn't pinned to an exact location on the page. The old commenting system allowed text to be highlighted and comments could be pinned to that text. It would be nice to have that option back, along with the yellow box drawing. Sometimes a comment needs to go with a line of copy in a document and sometimes it needs to go with an area or image.

Dropboxer
Hey everyone, I understand how important this is for all of you - your additional comments and feedback on this are very helpful. 

@agrai, I was able to locate your ongoing discussion that you each have with my colleague and @Petja, I've made sure to give the member of my team reviewing this for you a nudge. In the meantime, I've passed your comments along and they’ll get back to the both of you as soon as they have more info on the matter.  

@eelmore and @kslater, I’ve sent you each a ticket to the relevant email address connected to your Community profile so as to have a look into this together. I’ll do my best in troubleshooting this with you so please check your inboxes for my latest message, and we’ll take it from there. 

Thanks in advance for your patience and cooperation, everyone!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

The latest update doesn't seem to be much of a help in sharing documents and responding to comments.  Users can drag a box across a particular area on which to comment -- but once submitted, there's no indication in the string of comments to know what the user is referencing.   "Fix this" just leads to a bevy of questions down the "Fix what?" rabbit trail.   

Maybe the Dropbox designers are just trying to force more personal interactions in our workplaces?   slightly smiling face

Seriously, y'all...  "fix this," please!   

Level 2

Comments were linked to my file two nights ago and now the comments are there, but not linked and highlighting has disappeared.

I changed computers, browsers, tired ingonito, cleared cache and history. They are still not showing. 

Any advice on how to get them linked again is greatly appreaciated.

Level 2

Contact support! They fixed my issue already and its been less than an hour.

THANK YOU!!

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @mock1, thanks for following up and I’m glad to hear about your experience with our Support team. 

I was able to locate your communication with the member of my team you’re in touch with and I’ve relayed your comments to them. If you have any further queries regarding this, please don’t hesitate to let them know. 

Thank you!

Lusil

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

"View on file" is not working and resolved comments only disappear on page refresh
21 Replies
10 Likes
Solved! : See solution