cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have two Dropbox account and switch between them?

Can I have two Dropbox account and switch between them?

gabriella
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a personal dropbox account on my computer to which I sync all my personal files. I have a new job where we share files. Can I have two different accounts on my computer so I can chose to which dropbox account I save my personal and job files?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@gabriella wrote:

Can I have two different accounts on my computer ...

Unless one of the accounts is a Dropbox Business account, you can't sync two accounts to one computer. You can sync one, and then use the Dropbox website for the other. Dropbox Business accounts can sync one Business and one personal (Basic, Plus, Professional) account.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@gabriella wrote:

Can I have two different accounts on my computer ...

Unless one of the accounts is a Dropbox Business account, you can't sync two accounts to one computer. You can sync one, and then use the Dropbox website for the other. Dropbox Business accounts can sync one Business and one personal (Basic, Plus, Professional) account.

SM10
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have 2 dropbox accounts but only one is logged onto the app in my desktop and phone, how do i install another app for the second account or can i use multiple accounts in one app

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You can only do this if one of the accounts is a Business Account. You can then follow this guide to do it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Newbie9
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When you say you can’t “sync” two accounts to a single computer, does that mean you can’t use two different accounts on the same computer?  

We have two separate basic accounts, one for each user.  Can we use the same iPad to access them both?   If one user signs out and the other one signs in will that work? 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Newbie9 wrote:

We have two separate basic accounts, one for each user.  Can we use the same iPad to access them both?   If one user signs out and the other one signs in will that work? 

On a mobile device, you can sign out of the Dropbox app and the next user can sign in. Just know that any settings will be lost when you sign out, and any files or folders marked as Available Offline will not longer be available offline after signing out of your account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Newbie9 Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
    SM10 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?