Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

syncing on old phone security

Level 4

my friend has my old phone that was connected. how can i make sure she doesn't have a link to my account and can't sync or see new uploads?

3 Replies

Re: syncing on old phone security

Super User II

It was linked to your account? Look at the list of linked devices and active web sessions on your Security page.

Level 4

Hi Rich

Thanks, I looked and it is not linked now. Does that mean that she will not get a message saying she has new documents loading each time I add something? I also changed the password. thanks

Super User II

If it's not showing as a device on your Security page, then the device can't access your account.

Also, keep in mind that changing the password doesn't prevent an already-linked device from accessing your account. Your password is only used for the initial link (and to sign into the Dropbox website). Once a device is linked, your password is no longer used, and changing it does nothing for that device.

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

syncing on old phone security
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post