Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

After restore, file doesn't update when someone else saves a new version.

Level 2

Hello,

So a few days ago I accidentally deleted my daily sales report, which is a file that is edited by someone else. Since restoring, when admin edits, it updates for everyone else, but not on my computer. 

I was wondering if maybe it has something to do with a link that admin has setup that I need to be using that may have been deleted and wasn't restore-able, but I called admin and she doesn't have any links set up. 

Again, it's updating for other users who have this file in their dropbox, but not mine... that I have confirmed with every member of the group. 

Thank you for your time!

3 Replies

Re: After restore, file doesn't update when someone else saves a new version.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, is this file in a shared folder? Does the folder have the following icon online?

Folder - Shared.png

Are you instead viewing the file another way, either via a direct invite or a shared link?

Any details you can provide would be great.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Jay,

Thank you for the reply. The icon is similar to that, but it has silhouettes of buildings instead of people (I'm guessing because it's a business account?). Also, that icon hasn't changed.

I am not sure how I'm viewing the file in the sense that you're talking. I know that how I usually access the file is through my C drive on windows explorer, but the problem also exists when I view the file from a web browser (regardless of what computer I use). 

I was in a panic when I deleted it, and I thought that, after restoring, I needed to re-share... as I've found in the help center, that is not the case. My colleagues all got an e-mail and now they are laughing at me even though they don't know how to fix it either haha. I also found in the help center on this website that me deleting the file didn't delete from my colleagues' accounts.

I tried restoring the version last edited by admin, no dice... same exact file. Perhaps if I can ask admin to e-mail a link to her current version? I would problably need to delete or rename my latest version if I did that? 

Thanks for your time and your help... I'm pretty new to this.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
So, if the file isn’t showing the latest version on the Dropbox site, then most likely this isn’t the same file that the others are editing.

Could you doublecheck the exact location that other members of the team are accessing to edit the file? If it is different to your location, then the file is somewhere else instead.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

After restore, file doesn't update when someone else saves a new version.
3 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post