Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Any way to remove outdated shared folder notifications?

Level 1

Someone shared a folder with me, I accepted the invitation and got the notification about it. The owner of that folder has removed it, but I can still see the notification that I joined that shared folder, when I click on the Dropbox icon on the menu bar. Same thing with another folder I was invited to, but didn't accept it before the folder got removed.

See the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ui20mjcwnunv4m/dropbox-shared-folder-notifications.png?dl=0

21 Replies

Re: Any way to remove outdated shared folder notifications?

Super User II

No there isnt.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 1

Create your own shared folder and leave and join it a few times, that should push those off the list.

Level 1

That's BS.

Level 1

It would be nice to have a fix for this.

Highlighted

Level 3

That's pretty darn ridiculous.

Seriously?

Level 1

This is BS and so is not being able to clear the events list. I'm shopping for another online storage provider. 

Level 1

They are just slack on somethings, no way to clear it as it reads them from a generated log, so it always takes the last ones.

the same with events, the cant be cleared as they are a generated log, its created from file history info, so you cant remove them, unless you permenantly delete the file (which means no history so no events) (which is also pretty wack!)

Level 1

I agree this sucks. Every time I check my notifications, there's the same old one.  My mind has to process this and ignore it each time.  Very annoying.  I also can't believe there is no email notifications when someone adds something to a shared folder.  I have a 1TB subscription but will probably cancel when the year is up.

Level 1

James K. : its not an email notification its an RSS feed (which is pretty much the same thing)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Any way to remove outdated shared folder notifications?
21 Replies
41 Likes