Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Automatic downloading of files

Level 4

Has anyone found a way of automatically downloading files weekly from someone's dropbox?

I need to download mp3 files every week. The file name is the same every week, just the file modified date has changed.

Ideally I'd like something like Internet Download Manager to dowload and overwrite each of these files on my hard drive each week .

2 Replies

Re: Automatic downloading of files

Level 2
Hi
First if all, you can change the protocole because having files with the same name isn’t advisable,
Secondly, you can rename the downladed file each week befor the new file comes in on your local folder with a different name which will cause dropbox to mirror it to your cloud, then, the new recording will replace the old one but you’ll have it because you’ve already saved it With a different name.
The only downside is that by the end of the 4th week, you’ll have 4 files which will take up your space.

Re: Automatic downloading of files

Level 4

Sorry this isn't what I'm looking for.

The file name needs to be the same so that it over-writes the existing one. I'm already doing this using FTP but wondered if dropbox would offer the same facility

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Automatic downloading of files
2 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post