Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Can I share a 300 GB folder with an account on the Basic plan?

Level 2

Hi guys, can you share a big folder with someone on basic. e.g. I am on Plus and the other party is on basic, and I want to share a 300GB folder. Will it work?

2 Replies

Re: Folder Sharing

Super User II

If you're referring to an actual shared folder, no, you won't be able to. A person joining a shared folder needs to have enough available space in their account to hold the full content of the folder.

If they only need to be able to view and/or download the content, you can send them a share link to the folder instead. It will allow them to access the content without a Dropbox account. They can simply download what they need.

Re: Folder Sharing

Level 2

Thanks Rich. Last question. When you upgrade to Plus for instance and pay for 1 month, what happens if you don't pay the next month. Infact can you use the larger storage and pay for it as and when you need it?

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Can I share a 300 GB folder with an account on the Basic plan?
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post