Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Cannot upload pages document from ipad to dropbox

Level 3

I’m trying to send a document created in pages to dropbox, but get message that this file type is not supported. What the heck? How do I save it to dropbox? Have saved other pages documents from my Mac, but unable to accomplish on my ipad.

12.1.4 is the version on ipad

6 Replies

Re: Cannot upload pages document from ipad to dropbox

Dropboxer
Hey Kathy (@Kathy R.10 ), as an initial step, it’s also advisable to ensure that you’re also running the latest version of our app (132.2) & Pages on your iPad. From there, I tried to re-create the behavior on my end & I could save my files from Pages normally with the .pdf & .docx extensions to Dropbox. I tapped on the 💬 on the top-right hand corner > Export (i.e. where I’d have to choose a format each time) > Save to Dropbox”. 

Are we following the same steps Kathy? If so, then I’d appreciate a screenshot (omitting personal info) of the error messages you’re seeing, in order clearer picture how this appears on your end. Thanks in advance & I’ll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

I have recently been having the same problem. I can save word documents and PDFs but I get this error message when I try to save a pages document

D433996A-E4C2-45F0-AC61-EB56C33AD656.png

Dropboxer
Hey Marian (@MarianB), thanks a lot for the screengrab! I’m assuming that you’ve already checked back on the pointers above; is that right? For starters, can you clarify if you’re getting this error message when you’re saving your files directly from Pages to Dropbox? Can I have you use the Dropbox application and upload the file using the (+) button as an alternative? 

If that persists for you, I’d appreciate it if you could let me know of the following details: 

Spoiler
  • Do you know roughly when this issue started happening?
  • Are you having an issue uploading any file, or is this issue only occurring for specific files? If this is happening to a specific file/files, would you mind letting me know whether it’s specific to new files or existing ones?
  • What is the size of the file(s) that you are trying to upload?
  • Does this issue persist if you try connecting to a different WiFi?
  • Could you also try temporarily disabling your WiFi and verify if the issue persists over your cellular network?
Once I have these details, I’ll try to address your initial inquiry in a bit more depth. Thanks in advance for the time you’re devoting to gather this info for me & I’ll be awaiting your next message on this discussion! 

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Hello Jane

Thank you for your response. Yes I have been trying to upload the files from Pages. I have now uploaded from Dropbox (which, until you wrote, I did not know was possible) and the file uploads that way. What this does not do is ask if I want to replace the existing file, so it saves it as another copy with the addition to the file name of (1). 

I would guess the problem started happening about a week or 10 days ago. Possibly since the app was last updated on my iPad. It is happening with both documents which I have uploaded previously and those that  are new. Most of the files are less than 1mb but some include photographs and can be up to 10mb. I can confirm that the problem still exists when using a different Wi-Fi and when using  cellular. 

Marian

Level 3

I have udated the app on my iPad today but the problem still persists. 

Dropboxer
Thanks for taking the time to try my suggestions & pinging me back here on the results Marian (@MarianB)! As you’ve mentioned that you can upload the files via Dropbox normally (i.e. when using our mobile app), this makes me think that the issue is specific to Pages, as it can’t save your changes back to our app. To my mind your best course of action moving forward would be submitting this feedback to apple’s team, as it seems that this action is not permitted on their end. 

I’ve also submitted your report for review internally, so if I have an update to share with you, I’ll make sure to touch-base here. Thanks again for working on that with me Marian! 

Jane

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Cannot upload pages document from ipad to dropbox
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post