cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading specific files using a shared link

Downloading specific files using a shared link

zaptor99
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I shared a link to one of my folders with my family.  They use a browser to open the link and view the folder of pictures.  They do not have dropbox.

Now, they want to select and download multiple files, but that doesn't seem possible?

Clicking on a file name or even the white space next to it actully open the picture to view.  Same happens in file list view and gallery view.

Any way to select multiple files in shared links just like it works in dropbox.com when you are logged in?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

kanabigb wrote:

Yes it's why i add my comment as a feature request, as it's not possible at the moment

You can start a new post (or find an existing one to reply to) in the feature request area, which is monitored by the developers. They don't watch the regular forums for requests.

Feature Request forum: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Kora
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi zaptor99,

When sending somebody a shared link, he has two options when it comes to downloading:

*Either download the entire folder or

*Selecting one-by-one the files/photos he/she wishes to download and then do it.

However the cannot sect multiple photos and download them. This is a feature we do not support.

Kora

kanabigb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

It would be great to add a download link beside each file, or slect multi file to download them, not very convenient for clients

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kanabigb, welcome to our community! 

When viewing your files online, you can click on the ellipsis icon (…) to the right, and select Download

You can also place a checkmark in the box to the right of the file, and select as many as you want. Then click on the Download button at the top right of the screen. 

I hope this helps! 
Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

kanabigb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

thanks for your answer, but that is when your logged in.

Client are not logged, so they can't choose what to download. They have to open each file to download one by one, or entire folder.

84028d1b2c

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @kanabigb
If you choose Direct Download, the entire folder will be downloaded as a .zip file. Then all you have to do is unzip it on your computer. 
Cheers

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

kanabigb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Sanchez

thanks for your answer but i think you misunderstood me.

i know we can download entire folder, but what i want is my client to be able to have a bunch of file within a big list, then choose files he want without having to download or redownload again the whole folder.

Just checkbox for files he want then download them

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
The options available are to either download the entire folder or each file individually. There is no way to select multiple files within a folder that was shared using a link.

kanabigb
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes it's why i add my comment as a feature request, as it's not possible at the moment

"It would be great to add a download link beside each file, or slect multi file to download them, not very convenient for clients"

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

kanabigb wrote:

You can start a new post (or find an existing one to reply to) in the feature request area, which is monitored by the developers. They don't watch the regular forums for requests.

Feature Request forum: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Share-an-idea/ct-p/101002000

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kanabigb Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?