Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

File activity - how long can I look back?

Level 4

Dear All,

I would like to know how long can I trace back the activities of a shared folder as a Dropbox Business Admin? Is that time limited, e.g. it will show me the activities only e.g. in the last 28 days, or I will be able to see everything in the future, whenever I click on Activity? For how long is Dropbox Business storing the activity history?

I have created a shared folder with a team, including people also with external e-mail address. Will I be able to see also their activities within that shared folder?

https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/file-activity   

Here I couldn"t find the answer.

Thank you for kind help in advance!

4 Replies

Re: File activity - how long can I look back?

Dropboxer
Hi there @barboca,

Just to be sure on this I’m going to have a further look into how far back the file activity goes. While I am looking into this for you though, I would like to mention that the Activity tab within your Admin console might be worth looking into in terms of seeing your team’s activity.

Hope this info helps in the meantime - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 4

Dear Daphne,

thank you so much for your quick reply and also for your effort related to my question. I am looking forward for your info about how far back the file activity goes.

Also thanks for the link, I already read it before seeking for help, because my interest here is mostly focused on the time issueslightly smiling face

have a nice day as well!

Barbi

Level 4

Dear Daphne!

Any news regarding my question?

Thanks in advance and have a lovely day!

regards,

Barbara

Dropboxer

I’m still looking into this for you from my side, apologies for the delay! I’ll make sure to update here for you as soon as I have the relevant info and thanks so far for your patience. grinning face

Until we speak again, I hope you have a wonderful week ahead - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

File activity - how long can I look back?
4 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post