cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move files on my computer to the Dropbox folder?

How can I move files on my computer to the Dropbox folder?

NEWTODOLHPINS11
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi - Brand new to Dropbox - Help!!!  How do I move a file from my desktop to a folder?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @NEWTODOLHPINS11,

When you download and install the desktop app it will create a Dropbox folder for you. If you are having trouble locating this folder then you can click the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar and then click the small folder icon along the top of the pop up window. This will open up the Dropbox folder on your computer.

The Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer so to move your files there you can drag and drop the files into the folder. Alternatively, you can cut/copy and paste the files into the folder also.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @NEWTODOLHPINS11,

When you download and install the desktop app it will create a Dropbox folder for you. If you are having trouble locating this folder then you can click the Dropbox icon in your system tray/menu bar and then click the small folder icon along the top of the pop up window. This will open up the Dropbox folder on your computer.

The Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer so to move your files there you can drag and drop the files into the folder. Alternatively, you can cut/copy and paste the files into the folder also.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Daphne Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?