Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

How can I save multiple files through my Gmail?

Level 5

Hi
I have integrated dropbox for Gmail. 
I have a email conversation with 15 files, where I will like to save 10 of them to Dropbox. 
Is it posible to select these 10 files in one saving?

For me it looks like I have to save one by one and each time have to select the specific folder.

Tags (2)
12 Replies

Re: Dropbox for gmail

Dropboxer
Hey there @Zabelone!

You can indeed! When you receive files to your email address, you should see them at the bottom of your email. On the far right of that section you should be able to see the Dropbox icon which should Save all files to Dropbox, as shown on the screenshot below:Save all files to Dropbox from Gmail.png

If you’d like to select specific files out of all of those that are in the email, when prompted with the window to save the files onto your Dropbox account, click on the hyperlink which shows the number of files you’re trying to save, and select Remove that’s on the right-hand side of each of the relevant files you don’t want saved. 

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Hey
Nope, there I have G-drive icon and not a Dropbox icon. 
The only way I can save to dropbox is by the extention panel in the right side of Gmail where all 15 files are listed and I have to save them one by one. 

Even if I had a Dropbox icon, the solutions is still not optimal, because it will also the save the 5 company logo image files that I am not interested to save to my dropbox. 

So I was hoping for a solution where I with check boxes could select the files I want to save. 

Dropboxer
Thanks for your swift reply, @Zabelone

If you don’t see the Dropbox add-on, please have a look at this Help Center article which provides more steps and info on how to enable it?

I also wanted to clarify that with this option, although you can download all files within an email attachment, you can also choose which files you don’t want to save to your Dropbox account:
  1. Open the email with the attachments and select the Dropbox icon on the far right. 
  2. At the bottom of the window that’s prompted, above the blue Save button, a hyperlink with the total number of files should appear - click on it, and it should make a list of the files in question appear.
  3. Select Remove for each file you don’t want to save. This will also make the number in the hyperlink decrease as you remove files. 
  4. Once you have removed the files you don’t want in your Dropbox account from the list, click Save. 
Let me know if you experience any trouble with this and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers! grinning face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Re: How can I save multiple files through my Gmail?

Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Can only save/upload one file at a time. Takes too long. 

Level 5

Nope, I gave up. It seems for me, that they are wooking in another system or just don't understand my problem. 

Dropboxer
Sorry to hear that, @Zabelone and @slickwilly95991

Could you try switching browsers or using incognito/private browsing mode, and see if the issue persists after following the steps outlined here? Also, could you please check that if your browser is up to date:
  1. Go to Chrome's settings (from the ellipsis on the top right corner of your screen).
  2. Click Help.
  3. Click About Chrome.
  4. From the window that pops up, you may see a button that reads Check for updates - click it.
If you’re still experiencing some trouble with this, I’d recommend continuing this discussion via email due to account-specific and sensitive info required so as to further investigate. In this case, I can contact you via email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil

Level 5

Followed the instructions. Chrome is updated. Private browser does't change anything

Try to se the two screenshots4787455811911680.png4907657518120960.png

Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshots, @Zabelone! Definitely gives me a better image of what you’re seeing as well as what steps you’re taking on this. 

In order to further investigate this matter with you, I’ve sent you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. Please check your inbox my latest message. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation! 

Lusil

Level 2

How about sharing the solution with the rest of us.  I have the same problem.  Have to download one file at a time.  This is a total fail and extremely irritating.  It worked fine before.  Why did it change?

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I save multiple files through my Gmail?
12 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post