cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upload a video from Dropbox to YouTube?

How do I upload a video from Dropbox to YouTube?

LT28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to take a video in Dropbox and upload to a Utube Channel.

How can this be done

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @LT28

If you have the desktop app installed, please bear in mind that the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer. In other words, you can select a file from there as you would with any other folder on your device. 

If you don’t have it installed, you can just download the video in question from the website and upload it once it’s available locally on your computer. 

Spoiler
If you’d like to download a file from the website, you can do so by:
  1. Signing in.
  2. Navigating to the Files tab. 
  3. Locating the file in question and hovering over it. 
  4. Clicking on the ellipsis (…) that appears on the right-hand side. 
  5. Selecting Download from the drop-down menu.  
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Mod note: edited to update links in post [last edit 2022]

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @LT28

If you have the desktop app installed, please bear in mind that the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder on your computer. In other words, you can select a file from there as you would with any other folder on your device. 

If you don’t have it installed, you can just download the video in question from the website and upload it once it’s available locally on your computer. 

Spoiler
If you’d like to download a file from the website, you can do so by:
  1. Signing in.
  2. Navigating to the Files tab. 
  3. Locating the file in question and hovering over it. 
  4. Clicking on the ellipsis (…) that appears on the right-hand side. 
  5. Selecting Download from the drop-down menu.  
Let me know if you have any other questions!

Mod note: edited to update links in post [last edit 2022]

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mrsy62
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi,
Thanks for your reponse.
My case is a little different. I am using a slow internet connection. Once uploaded to Dropbox, I would like to send the video directly from the Dropbox servers to YouTube or Facebook without having to upload it again through my slow connection from the Dropbox folder in my computer. Is it possible ?I have searched the web and some third parties like Zapier and YoutuBox offer such a service. But is it safe ?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Mrsy62, thanks for posting your query to the Community! 

The first thing that comes to mind would be to send the video via a shared link

However, if you’re looking to add it to another website, since there isn’t currently a way that you can directly do so from the Dropbox website, then a third party app may do the trick. 

I’m afraid though that there isn’t much I can provide regarding the third party apps in question, but you can always try contacting them for any additional info. 

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

AraTheCoach
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

You can use Zapier to do this. It removes some of your default settings but does the job.

wineandtennis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I choose to upload the video to youtube, it automatically goes to my camera roll.  How can I find my dropbox folders so that I can upload from there?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Either first export the video from the Dropbox app to your Camera Roll, or use the Files app (assuming Youtube gives you the option) and navigate to your Dropbox folders from there.

wineandtennis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

yes, I understand that.  I don't want to download the video to my iphone, and I cannot get to the "files" other than the camera roll.  Is there a way to navigate to Dropbox through the youtube upload page?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@wineandtennis wrote:

Is there a way to navigate to Dropbox through the youtube upload page?

Even if you could, the file would need to be downloaded to your phone first. There's no way to send the file directly to Youtube from the Dropbox servers. Such a feature would need to be created by Youtube, using the Dropbox API, just like Vimeo did.

Helen Earey
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hello, did you find the answer to your question? I also need to know how to upload to YouTube from Dropbox. It goes straight to my camera roll!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

asensabaugh New member | Level 2
    OrinHutchings New member | Level 2
    jsphpl Helpful | Level 5
    Helen Earey Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?