Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

No multiple select tool???

Level 2

I just uploaded 3000+ photos from my iphone and wanted to share a folder of many of them with my family.  I am STUNNED there appears to be no way to easily select multiple photos en masse and simply move them to another dropbox folder! I cannot sync them with my computer due to limited space. Am I missing something or is drobox not doing any user studies at all??

why store all my pics and files in the cloud if I can't easily share them? 

PS I also spend a LOT of money on a business account.

Tags (2)
4 Replies

Re: No multiple select tool???

Super User

Hi @Jonathan G.11, I am afraid that using the iPhone app, there is no way to select multiple photos. Can you use a desktop browser (including your iPhone browser requesting desktop site) to organize your photos? 

2018-07-09 at 5.19 PM.png

Once files are selected, you will find the Move button on the right pane or clicking the (...) on top. 

Dropboxer
Hi there @Jonathan G.11!

Going a bit beyond @Elixir's suggestions concerning the website - which is another option - there is a way to move files into another folder from your mobile device. Try the following:

1. Locate the folder you have your files that you want to move. 
  2. At the top-right corner of your screen, tap on the box with the tick inside it that’s next to the ellipsis (…). 
  3. Select the files you want to move by tapping on the relevant boxes next to their name. 
  4. Tap on Move or Copy, depending on what action you want to perform.
  5. Select Choose a Different Folder…
  6. When you locate the folder you want to move your files into, tap it and select Set Location. If you create a new folder, name it and Set Location.
  7. Finally, tap Move on the top right-hand corner. 
If you want to share this folder afterwards, just tap on the ellipsis (…) next to the folder and select Share. For more info on this, check out this article

Let me know if this does the trick for you or if I've misunderstood your concern. Thanks! smiling face with halo

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I agree. You can do it on a computer through finder or folders but then the sync uses up all the computer memory. There should be an easy option like that online.

Dropboxer
Hey there @1stmeridian, thanks for posting on the Community!

Initially, I just wanted to note that the content in your Dropbox folder takes up space on your hard drive as the info in your files and folders are stored locally in order to be accessible. 

If you want to free up storage on your computer without deleting files and folders from your Dropbox account though, I’d recommend checking out more on our relevant space-saving features: selective sync and Smart Sync.

Finally, as per your thoughts on moving content from one location to another in your Dropbox account via the website, I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for review. 

If you have any other feedback for us, please don’t hesitate to give us a shout. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

No multiple select tool???
4 Replies
5 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post