Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Team members are not able to access link. They are asked to provide password or create acct.

Level 2

Team members are not able to access link created by team leader (business account holder). Instead, they are asked to provide password or create their own dropbox account. This experience leads me to believe that the app and/or the dropbox service does not work for small business user building project teams. The question is: can team members click on link to access files in team folders?

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Team members are not able to access link. They are asked to provide password or create acct.

Dropboxer
Hey there (@MK16), as an initial point of reference, can you let me know whether you’re seeing a purple folder with a person icon on your account, as the one you can see here

If so, kindly note that you can adjust your Link Settings through the Content tab, as below: 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 11.15.22 PM.png

If you’ve toggled the Link restrictions button to “On”, then team members will not be able to view a shared link if they haven’t signed in. 

Please do let me know if my post applies to what you’re currently experiencing & we’ll take it from there. If I’ve misunderstood your initial description, could you let me know if you’re the admin or the team member? Also, could you include a step-by-step description of the steps you’re following on your end if either scenario applies? 

Any detail you could include on this discussion would be very helpful in determining the best next steps for you & thanks a lot for taking the time to clarify matters for me. I'll be awaiting your next reply! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Team members are not able to access link. They are asked to provide password or create acct.

Level 2

Yes. There is a purple folder with a person icon.

Dropboxer

I appreciate your swift update here (@MK16)! Have you by any chance been able to check back on my pointers with the team member that wasn’t able to access the shared link in the first place? If it’s not too much trouble for you, could you let me know whether any of my hints apply? Thanks again & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Team members are not able to access link. They are asked to provide password or create acct.
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution