Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Unsolicited (hack?) file upload into my folder

Level 6

Not sure if this is right category but I wasn't able to find one that would fit better.

I have been uploading files (jpg) to my App folder using Dropbox V2 API for several months today suddenly and out of nowhere a new file (link) appeared into my folder as seen on the screen shoot below.

I have no idea what it is about and decided not to follow the link just in case...

Help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance

dpx.jpeg

1 Reply

Re: Unsolicited (hack?) file upload into my folder

Super User II
It's nothing to worry about. You likely dragged a link to the Dropbox website and it created a file for it. Dropbox allows you to drag URLs into the browser window to save them as files. You seem to have done this with on of your own files or folders. If I had to guess, you have a folder called Photos 5 or similar. If you edit the file in a text editor, you'll see the full URL that it points to.
Sharing and Collaboration

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Unsolicited (hack?) file upload into my folder
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post