cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the limit of numbers of shares each day?

What is the limit of numbers of shares each day?

JB1759
Helpful | Level 6

I get a message that I have exceded my permited number of shares, try again tomorrow.  If I knew the numer I am permitted I could trim my list 

15 Replies 15

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @JB1759, sorry for the tardy response; are you still having issues with this? 

As you've found out, there is a limit of individual shared link recipients and shared folder invitations per day for Dropbox Basic, Dropbox Professional trial, and Dropbox Business trial accounts.

The error message “You've hit the limit of invites you can send per day. Try again in 24 hours”, that occurs when you are attempting to share a link to a folder or file or shared a folder, indicates that you have sent too many invitations in one day.

This limit is reset every day, so you will be able to continue to send links to other users the next day.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JB1759
Helpful | Level 6

Thank you for reviewing my problem.  If I knew how many daily shares are allowed I can break my list into pieces and share to each portion so I know everyone gets access.  I need a number.  

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional information @JB1759  - much appreciated.

As this turns out to be an account specific inquiry, I'd recommend that you logged a ticket with our team and ask directly. 

You can do so from the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

JB1759
Helpful | Level 6

I am looking for a finite number.  This may be a spam prevention issue but it would seem a number could be shared as a robo spamer would be a more expansive issue.  

Rich
Super User II

That type of information (assuming it's shared at all) is likely different for each type of account, and wouldn't be available to the people that provide help here. As Walter suggested, you'll need to contact Support directly if you need further assistance.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I've also passed your comments to your existing ticket so we can have all of your queries under one place @JB1759  - I can see that a specialized member of our team has already replied to you there so please take a look at your inbox. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with in the meantime. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Dales1
New member | Level 2

why you guys couldnt just give the limit per day for each account type, seems ridiculous... I'm googling the same question..

Josh11
New member | Level 2

Seriously....I need to send this to 32 people. If there was a number listed for my daily limit, or a message reading "you've exceeded the daily limit of 24" or whatever, then I would know who on my list didn't receive the link. What a joke.

9001ED
New member | Level 2

I created a folder and tried to share with one person.  How could I have exceed my limit?  What is my limit?  Less than 1 person per day?  Seems like there is a glitch in the system to me.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Richard B Helpful | Level 5
    woodhouse New member | Level 2
    Admin Russell New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?