Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

1 Comment
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Accurate display of data usage

Does anyone know, Dropbox marketing execs included, why Dropbox would present this data storage graph so that the scale was completely off? If the blue box represents 2 GB of data then 1000 GB is 500 times as large. Wouldn't you want that ratio accurately reflected in your graph? Also, the pointer to the "Your current plan" moves off the blue area if you resize the browser page, as shown below.   Capture.PNG

1 Reply
Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Re: Accurate display of data usage

Hi there, while I’m not in the marketing team, I can imagine it’s easier to show it like that instead of an image showing 2 GB as a fraction of 1000 GB in a 500x500 square, which would be harder to see.

However I’ll forward it to the team for their consideration to improve it in future, as well as the small issue with the tooltip you mentioned!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Space.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post