cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have different plans / price points / data combinations / plan sizes?

Can we have different plans / price points / data combinations / plan sizes?

Michel L.
New member | Level 2

Hi, I find limited in the choices of subscription plans. Basic/free and Pro/110$

I'd gladly pay something like 25$ a year for 50GB and a 2 users family plan.

Considering iCloud have a 12$ plan for 20 GB and 48$ for 200GB, that seems reasonable..

1,095 Comments
Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi there, I can forward this feedback to our team for their consideration in future!

DB2017
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Team at DB,

I have been using drobox for a decade now and introduced 100's of my clients to enroll for DB account.

In past 2 years DB has made a lot of changes to their account and framework which is a good sign beating their competitors.

I am finding a difficulty here like i dont need 1TB space then why should i pay that much price, if you can customize a better and lower plan along with decreasing the Price accordingly with space, you can be at a win-win solution.

Such as may start plan at for individuals at 250GB/500GB/750GB...and you already have 1000GB

Kindly discuss with your management and see if you can help and introduce such potential plans to help small individuals to enroll for paid dropbox account.

That way people smiliar to my situation will definitely opt for paid plan and you can beat your competitors.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks
Saquib

Rich
Super User II

This has been discussed to death on these forums. Dropbox has tried smaller plans in the past, many times, without success. Dropbox has settled on the 1TB plans and you simply use what you need.

For more information and further discussion, I'd suggest you search the forums (the Share an Idea section would be best) and join the already existing conversations.

CLHUNG
New member | Level 2

Is there any plan for buying 200GB space in dropbox?

cos I dun need 1T space for storage.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Hi there, currently there isn’t any 200 GB plan, the smallest paid plan we offer is Dropbox Plus with 1 TB of quota.

I can forward your suggestion to our dev team for their consideration in future!
Enzo40Dog
Explorer | Level 3

I don't understand how they can lose money charging a few bucks a month for a few GB but not lose money by giving away space to many of those same users

Oldman_Winter
Explorer | Level 3

I keep waiting for Dropbox to wake up and create smaller plans to target the smaller needs but they never do.

What gives?

At this point I just keep using them for free or switch to someone else.

That must be great for business.

They could easily charge quadruple the rate for a 50GB plan then they would make some money off me.

All the competitors offer this already and way cheaper plans. It's only a matter of time before they are completely dead.

sdlucly
Explorer | Level 3

Right now, I'm paying $20 bucks a year to google for its drive. And I might be using... a third of the 100gb they offer, but it's still more than I have in dropbox. I could very easily be paying that to dropbox and wouldn't always be looking for my stuff in both dropbox and the google drive.

Maybe at some point they will realize there is a market for smaller plans.

Rich
Super User II

@Enzo40Dog wrote:

I don't understand how they can lose money charging a few bucks a month for a few GB but not lose money by giving away space to many of those same users 

Because storage is cheap; bandwidth is not. Also, all the people currently on Plus plans that don't need that much space would likely downgrade to the smaller plans, meaning less money coming in while Dropbox still has to serve the same bandwidth needs of those users. 

Harks900
New member | Level 2
Google drive provide the plan of 100gb.
Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

471 votes received