cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox is asking me to upgrade my paid account because I have run out of space on a free one

Hi there

Dropbox is asking that I upgrade my account to 2TB because I have used up all my free account but I am currently paying $15-$17 Aus per month for my existing account. I can't find any other information other than an Upgrade Now button.

Please help as no files are syncing.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Re: Dropbox is asking me to upgrade my paid account because I have run out of space on a free one

Dropboxer

Hey there @DesignerJules  - how are you today?

Could it be that you have more than one accounts by any chance? Are you getting the prompts to upgrade to the account that is associated with your upgrade? 

Can you double check - just in case - by using our self served look up tool to identify the account that your upgrade relates to? To do this, just click on the following link:

https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

While you're at it, what's your account showing at the moment under your plan's tab at: 

https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan

Note that if you do not see your subscription's additional space, we'll need to make sure you are logged into the proper account.

To do this from your Dropbox desktop application by following these steps:

1. Click the Dropbox icon in your system tray
  2. Click the gear icon
  3. Click "Preferences"
  4. Access the account tab and check the email associated with the account

If you'd like to check which account you are logged onto in the website, please follow these steps:

1. Click the drop-down arrow on the top right corner of the Dropbox website
  2. Click "Settings"
  3. Check the email associated with your account.

If you’d like to check this out on the mobile app, please follow these steps:

On iOS:
- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen and check the email address listed there. 

On Android:
- Tap the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select "Settings" and check the email address listed there. 

Last but not least, you should be able to view your Dropbox invoices and transaction history on the Billing tab of the (upgraded) account settings here:

https://www.dropbox.com/account/billing

There will be two links per transaction - one for your receipt and one for your invoice. If you'd like to see an invoice or receipt for a specific transaction, click on the respective links for that payment entry.

I hope this information helps and please keep me posted on your findings!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Dropbox is asking me to upgrade my paid account because I have run out of space on a free one

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have tested all the links and found my account but it is coming up as a Personal Account with no payment history even though I am getting a deduction out of my credit card. I can't see any other active account. I only want the one account and am happy to pay for it but don't want to be running two accounts.

Thank you.

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift response @DesignerJules  - much appreciated!

As I wanted to help as much as I can with this, I've just located your ticket on our system and got back to you there. 

Take a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience and we'll take it from there. 

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox is asking me to upgrade my paid account because I have run out of space on a free one
3 Replies
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post