Did you mean: 

Dropbox promotion expire query

SOLVED
5 Comments
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

Dropbox promotion expire query

I had received a dropbox space of 25 GB free from HP. Basically mine is a Basic Account (2GB) . So total Dropbox sapce in my account is 27 GB. Wanted to ask whether I will be able to view all those files saved in my dropbox over and above 2 GB, or will they get deleted after the promotion expires? 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Dropbox promotion expire query

You'll still have access to the files when the promotion expires. Syncing will stop and you won't be able to add or change any files, but you'll still be able to view and/or download them. Just don't leave them there for a long time. Dropbox does reserve the right to remove your account if it's over quota for an extended period of time.

5 Replies
Solution
Super User II

You'll still have access to the files when the promotion expires. Syncing will stop and you won't be able to add or change any files, but you'll still be able to view and/or download them. Just don't leave them there for a long time. Dropbox does reserve the right to remove your account if it's over quota for an extended period of time.

I'm having a similar issue, just got a notification saying that my 2 year promotional space is about to expire and when it does I'll be 37gb over my limit unless I pay their outrageous price for pro. I can't afford that. I have found a few similar apps that will give me 100gb of space with no expiration but can't figure out how to move my files from Dropbox to the new app. All of my pictures of my daughter are on my Dropbox, if I lose them I will be furious! Please either tell me how to transfer them to a new app with space that won't expire or at least let me know if I'll lose my files when my promo space expires! I don't know why I have to go through all these hoops just to get an answer to my question, would've been much easier and faster if someone from customer support would've just responded to my email and answered my question instead of directing me to the community. How is this supposed to be easier and faster?!
Level 2

I woke up today and my earned space on my account was gone and it had stopped syncing! I freaked. My files were still there however.

OK,  I then began to move stuff out of Dropbox to my hard drive equaling my 'promotional space' ......

Once i got below my "space +earned space" total number, then my earned space number suddenly showed up on my account and it began to sync again.

..... so when promotional space drys up due to a time limit on promotion, your earned space no longer shows on your account, and it does not sync, but as soon as you delete the promotional space amount, it all resumes and suddenly 'earned space' shows up on your account as part of your total space.

tll Level 2
Level 2

how can I get my files back if they were removed?
Super User II

tll wrote:
how can I get my files back if they were removed?

Recover and restore deleted files or folders