cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable Dropbox pop-up Upgrade message on my Windows at Start-up

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Drat. Was going to direct you to the thread for that official build, but, it doesnt exist!

Can I suggest logging a ticket at http://bit.ly/cm-support and maybe copying in this threads URL? Replies may take time, especially as its a bank holiday weekend but you can track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

126 Replies 126

Jennifer C.24
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

My dropbox says its full, but with myself and team together, we aren't even using a fraction of the allotted space. It keeps trying to get me to upgrade to business. We don't need all that, we just need what we have to work.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

If you have a shared folder inside your Dropbox then it uses up your quota. Therefore if you need access to it you need to get more space either via referrals, or, paying. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mark D.69
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I added up the files and folders, and I am using about 3GB of space, but it says "9.5GB of 5.75GB used". I haven't used the 5.75 Dropbox says that I have. When I add up everything, it's less. How can I fix this?

Richard P.
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Mark, can you post a screenshot of the following web page: https://www.dropbox.com/account#personal

That will tell us whats going on.

Mark D.69
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Barry S.27
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dropbox says my terabyte drive is full, I deleted most of that months ago. It still says it is full, and fails to sync. There is nothing in the deleted file.  I have contacted Dropbox, and have received nothing helpful. I plan to cancel, if not resolved soon. 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Barry - same as Mark please post your screen shot. 

ashleyh4
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

For the last few weeks, I keep receiving a Pop-Up Message in the bottom right-corner of my Windows 7 machine to Upgrade, when I first turn on my computer, since I have run out of storage.  I do not want to upgrade at this time and want to disable this message. I know that I have to Upgrade eventually, so I don't need to be notified every time on turn on my computer.  I have checked the Preferences in the General section, and there's no option to disable notiications. Please help!

Only options in the General section to check or uncheck , is System  "Start DropBox on System Start-up", Notify Me About "Comments, Shares, or @mentions" and "Synced Files" , then Dropbox Badges.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
That notification cannot be disabled.
Need more support?