cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows 10 app alerts that my dropbox is full when it isn't

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

126 Replies 126

sherinik
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sorry Ross it's not that easy. I'm using Dropbox Basic.

kevinfromdavis
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

My dropbox is nowhere near full I have more than 3.5GB free space (75.2% used). and I still constantly throughout the day get the "Your Dropbox is full, upgrade now" message. I have tried multiple times to install the latest version and reboot to no effect. This is a bug not a feature.

OliverHill
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm also Dropbox basic...but last night when I used my desktop...no 'your dropbox is full' notifications. I think whatever "Ross S." has done 'server-side' has fixed my issues - but I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days to make sure it doesn't return.

Many thanks for your support and to for getting my voice heard :slight_smile:

Sorry sherinik if you're still experiencing problems. Not sure what to suggest. Maybe Ross S. has some ideas for things you can try? You'll probably need to raise your own support ticket so that they have the details of the account you're still having problems with. If you do this and then post your ticket number here they will likely help you out.

I'm off to leave some happy feedback for this forum 🙂

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Full disclosure: I'm just the messenger, they don't let me touch any of the shiny buttons and dials server-side...they tell me it's for my own safety.

Glad it looks resolved for you @OliverHill

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sheinik,

Like I said, we had an issue affecting a group of Pro users. Looks like your issue is separate to this so I'd recommend reaching out to Support.

I'll give you a couple of Pro tips though:

No 1 cause of this is always that people are logged in to a different account, check that the email you use for the website is EXACTLY the same in every way as the one you're logged into on the client.

Next make sure your Dropbox folder is on your primary HDD with ur OS, when you reach out to Support tell them that you've done these checks to speed up the support process, also include a screenshot an the name of the machine ur on.

Hope this helps you.

PistolSlap
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello thank you for the reply; I will try this and report back!

pizzle1983
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm not a pro user, but my dropbox account genuinely became full a couple of weeks ago, which is where I got my first notification - correctly.

I then resolved the space issue immediately so I'm just over 50% usage, but every day since I've had the windows 10 notification telling me it's full.

Any other suggestions? I do have my dropbox files on my main hd (same as the OS) 

Many thanks,

AP.

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @pizzle1983, welcome to our forum! 

Try unlinking your computer. Then, restart your PC and relink it. You’ll find this in our app’s preferences, under the Account tab. 

Let me know how this goes for you. 
Thanks, and have a great weekend :sunglasses:

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: What do you think about the Community? Fill out our survey here!

Woody14u
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am with everyone else here.

This **bleep** pop-up is so annoying. It wouldnt be as bad if it just appeared for a few seconds like every other message. Not to just stay on the screen until removed.

I have used 25% of 3GB. Nothing is in the deleted items box on line either.

Re-installing the app does not clear this **bleep** message. Please sort it!

Woody14u
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I cant believe I got a Bleep on my message. It wasn't even an offensive or swear word!
Need more support?