cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox keeps saying it is full

Erroneous "Your Dropbox is full" message

AndyL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am getting a regular "Your Dropbox is full" pop-up - but I have plenty of space.

This 'appears' to have become a problem since I've added a Work dropbox - though that meay be a red herring.

I get the message despite my personal dropbox only showing 6.6GB  of 8.88GB used and my work dropbox showing 300.7MB of 2GB used.

126 Replies 126

Ignix
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have the exact same problem with my install of Dropbox. I have Windows 10 Pro 64bit and I have been getting these messages for some time now. I have the whole time only been using 7,6% of my Dropbox and there is plenty of free space on the acctual drive the folder is on.

I have also tried installing the latest version (just now) and immediately got a message that my dropbox is full. When I go to check space usage it is still 7,6% used...

Can we please get this resolved?

cv1
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Finally, a constructive solution to dispense with the pop-up.

Thank you

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Please log a ticket with support at www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Karina
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Joostv1992

The first thing to check is that you are signed into the same account both on the web and desktop, so that we can ensure that the email address on your devices is the same as on the web.

From there, you can go over to https://help.dropbox.com/space/account-space-left in order to see how much available space there is on your account:

• Simply navigate to the space bar in your Account Settings to see the amount.

If you've checked and can confirm that you are do in fact definitely have enought availalbe Dropbox space, could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Dropbox app?

Let us know how this works for you, I'll be happy to stay followed-up on the matter! slightly smiling face

If reinstalling the application does not help, then, yes, definitely submit a support request on this matter at www.dropbox.com/support 

Best, 
Karina

Karina
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Joostv1992
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes i have enough space and I only have one account. I reinstalled it but it keeps saying my dropbox is full. It does download new stuff but it keeps giving me the message.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I have moved your posts here, so that you check whether previous replies help you resolve the notification issue you’ve experienced. For your convenience, please let me repeat below: 

#2. Reboot
#4. Reboot
#6. Relink account

If it's not too much trouble for you, please go through the steps above and let me know the results in your replies. 

Also, if you've already contacted our team regarding the matter, I'd be glad to look into your open support requests if you send me a ticket ID in your here, so that I look it up internally. 

Thanks in advance, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

bejour
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Guess I'm here to say what I'm moving to another product. Mostly because of this annoying notification on all my desktops.

Mazza
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I just wanted to echo my fellow users here by saying that I detest the nag message and have finally come to the end of my tether with it. Even though I'm at 80% capacity, I currently have a nag popup in the corner of my screen that I CAN NOT DISMISS. Unforgivable.

I'll be making steps to move to an alternative service ASAP.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Mazza

Would you mind unlinking your device once, rebooting & then relinking following these steps? 

[Note: I've moved your thread here, so that you have a look at some additional steps that have worked for other users]

Feel free to keep us updated on the outcome here, thanks! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Wonkieinc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Every time that i log in to my PC, i get the popup that my dropbox is full. Thing is, i'm only at 69.2%. This is happening on a fresh install. Please help.

Need more support?