cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

Free Plus trial still active on app but I only have basic space and can't upgrade

Level 3

I have a free Dropbox Plus trial which is active till 19th Feb. However my desktop is showing that I have have 5gb of space and it's nearly full. I have tried to pay to upgrade but I can't, as I still technically have Plus. 

I had an issue last week where I had signed up to a group Dropbox Business invitation, the admin then deleted this so my entire dropbox account was deleted, including my free trial. My account was fully restored so guessing this is where the issue has come from but I really need the extra space urgently, happy to pay for it. Any help much appreciated

6 Replies

Re: Free Plus trial still active on app but I only have basic space and can't upgrade

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, if you had a trial for Dropbox Plus, then joined a Dropbox Business team, got deleted and recovered, then the trial should have been cancelled completely.

You should be able to upgrade to a paid Dropbox Plus plan from the Dropbox site if it’s showing up as a Basic plan.

If you’re trying to pay from the iOS app, then it’s possible that it might not work if it still shows that you’re on a trial. Could you let me know what it says in the mobile app with a screenshot, while hiding your email address?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Free Plus trial still active on app but I only have basic space and can't upgrade

Level 3

Hi Jay, thank you for your reply. When I try to upgrade from my desktop and enter my payment details I'm just getting a 'loading' icon. 

The app says I'm currently subscribed to Plus free trial and will renew on the 19th Feb, at a cost of £8.99, which I was happy to pay when I got to it.

The whole issue of my entire account being deleted without my control, and my free trial with it is astonishing imo - I genuinely don't understand how you can sign up to effectively give someone else the ability to delete your account and personal information just by agreeing to another free trial of Dropbox Business and a shared work folder. I would never ever have agreed to it if I'd know the problems it would cause. I'm guessing what I'll have to do is cancel my subscription and start again, but it's highly annoying that I've lost my free trial within 4 days of starting it. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
I understand how you feel regarding joining a team.

When joining a Dropbox Business team, basically you’re allowing the team admin control of your account and ownership of all your files in your account. Just like a normal business, becoming a ‘employee’ means the ‘owner’ (in this case the admin) has the final say on your files and login.

Now that you’re away from from the team though, this issue shouldn’t be an issue.

Regarding the site loading constantly when attempting a payment, could you try switching browsers to see if this helps? 

Otherwise, use incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely. 

Let me know how it goes!

Jay

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Hi Jay, 

thanks for your reply, I have tried another browser and going into incognito mode but to no avail. There's a message in red at the top of the page that says 'We’re having some trouble at the moment. Please try again later.' - this message has been there since last week.

I also tried cancelling my plus trial on the app so I could restart it and pay for it, but it's still showing as an active trial so won't let me pay for it.

I've also just tried to subscribe to Professional in an attempt to override the Plus subscription, but got an error message saying 'User on an existing subscription. Please contact Dropbox Support' - I emailed Dropbox support on Friday and still haven't heard back so this is useless advice. 

I'm at the end of my tether with this, I urgently need extra space to work but can't get any. Please can someone contact me ASAP. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Thanks for the message, I located your ticket on our system and replied to you via email there.

Let me know if you haven’t received the email.

Jay

Level 3

I am having the same error/problem when trying to add more storage and upgrade. Can you tell me if you resolved this problem?

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Free Plus trial still active on app but I only have basic space and can't upgrade
More about this post
6 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post