cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No option to connect Twitter or Facebook

How to get more Dropbox storage space for free

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I wanted to show you exactly what happens and what steps you'll need to follow in order to get more free space in your Dropbox.

From your Account Settings page you see all your current space and all the space you've earned.

To begin earning more free space, you can visit the Dropbox Get more space page here

From this page you can invite your friends to join Dropbox by emailing them, sending them a direct link to join or sharing your invitation on Facebook. You can earn up to 16 GB !

------------------

Finally, can check the space you've earned by going to this page and you'll have a detailed list of all the actions you've taken and how much free space you've earned!

If you have any trouble with this process or feedback and ideas about this, feel free to leave your comments below and I'll get back to you or reach us on @DropboxSupport on Twitter and our team will be happy to note your feedback and assist you!

Have a great day all!

Zed
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

58 Replies 58

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
It actually looks like those options have been removed.

Which link are you using?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bee4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thanks for a quick reply. This one: https://www.dropbox.com/getspace

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I actually cant get to that page at all.

You used to just click on the link 'Follow Dropbox to get more space' and it would open up a new window to do it. Is that not happening? Same with the Facebook one.

Note that there used to be ways of linking via www.dropbox.com/account, however, they've been removed.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

bee4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
No, that's not happening. I can't even find a link that says 'Follow Dropbox to get more space'. Was it on the account page? If so, it's not there.

SY
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I am inviting my friends to get 500MB free space.

Btw, I couldn't find the link to "the status of my referrals".

It was in "Setting" but it has gone when I invite three friends.

Please help me.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

It's on your Account page. Click the View all space earned link.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey SY

Welcome aboard!

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT

If you have more questions or need further help, please feel free to reach out again at any time in the future! 

[This thread is now closed.]

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @bee4,

If you don't see the "Follow Dropbox on Twitter" that means that you've already completed this task and got the 125 MB . 

You can check the space you've earned by going to this page

There you should see listed the Bonus type, the space earned and the date when you completed that action. 

:slight_smile:

Zed

bee4
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi @Zed

Here's my Bonus Space page listing all the extra space I've earned:

http://imgur.com/a/bCijH

As you can see, the only things I got extra space for are "Why you love Dropbox" and "Follow DB on Twitter". However, the "Connect to Twitter" and "Connect to Facebook" options are missing.

This is what it should look like.

And this is what my Get More Space tab looks like. As you can see, no option to connect Facebook and Twitter.

Zed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @bee4,

The option to connect yourTwitter and Facebook accounts are now removed as an option - following us on Twitter though can grant you 125 MB of space.

Thanks!

Zed

Need more support?