Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

2 Comments
5 Likes
Level 2

Get more referral space

Hi, there. May I ask if I have referred 16gb friends for basic account, and then I upgrade to dropbox plus for a short time. During this time, can I refer another 16 friends to get 32gb free space? So I can get 48gb referal space?

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User

Re: Get more referral space

Hi @Mike29, I think you can refer a maximum of 32 persons from a Dropobx account whether Basic or Plus or Pro. If you are a Basic user, you get 500 MB bonus space for each successful invitation. For a Plus/Pro user, the bonus space is 1 GB for each successful invitation. Since, you have already reached your limit, you cannot get bonus space for any new invites. Now, if you upgrade to Plus or Pro, your bonus space will double, i.e., 32 GB. However, if you downgrade to Basic in future, your bonus space would return to 16 GB. 

2 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Hi @Mike29, I think you can refer a maximum of 32 persons from a Dropobx account whether Basic or Plus or Pro. If you are a Basic user, you get 500 MB bonus space for each successful invitation. For a Plus/Pro user, the bonus space is 1 GB for each successful invitation. Since, you have already reached your limit, you cannot get bonus space for any new invites. Now, if you upgrade to Plus or Pro, your bonus space will double, i.e., 32 GB. However, if you downgrade to Basic in future, your bonus space would return to 16 GB. 

Level 8

It should not be limited to 32. Better if it's 50 or 100
Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Space.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.