Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

HELP Dropbox claims to be full AFTER upgrading

Level 3

Hi! 
So about a month ago I got a notification from Apple that there were issues with my payment to Dropbox. I corrected the billing information but not before it automatically downgraded my dropbox plus to a basic account. Every time I attempted to "Upgrade" either from the Dropbox website or app it said I already had a plus subscription. I was billed by Apple for 100$ for the yearly subscription yesterday to plus and it's still not working. (Neither will provide me with a refund as far as I know.) I thought that after it billed again the issue would go away. It still says across all of my devices that my dropbox is full and needs to be upgraded.

I'm truly at a loss right now on how to troubleshoot for a fix. Neither customer service has been helpful or been able to provide any possible fixes. My local hard drive is not full, I have renewed my subscription, I've called and or messaged all the help teams. Please, someone, help me if you know how to correct this issue. 

9 Replies

Re: HELP Dropbox claims to be full AFTER upgrading

Dropboxer

Hey there @MeriWright, sorry to hear about this.

Could you first let me know what your account's tab is showing at the moment? 

Can you verify that the upgrade through Apple's app store was indeed related to this account? 

Note that, for Apple, you should be able to view your invoice directly from the App Store following the instructions outlined in this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

You also should have received an email with the invoice within 12 hours of the original purchase.

Remember, due to the way that in-app purchases are handled, we have no access to invoices for in-app purchases and the current process requires that all billing related requests go through the app store you used to purchase Dropbox. 

Let me know what you find please and we'll take it from there. Thank you. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your response. Currently, in my account tab it is showing that I have dropbox basic. I have 23.61 GB's of files stored on it. 

How would I verify that the Apple payment is for this account? I've never logged in on a separate account and previously subscribed through Apple so I assume it would be the same.

I received an invoice and receipt from Apple. It is not included under the billing tab of my Dropbox. Here's some photos with sensitive information removedScreen Shot 2019-03-25 at 3.20.47 PM.png 
 Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 3.14.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-25 at 3.15.05 PM.png

Level 3
Maybe I should have tagged you @Walter

Dropboxer

In this case, I'd suggest that you contacted Apple to verify which email address is associated with your Dropbox Plus purchase since (as you can see) we don't have any billing information stored for your current account (as it seems in your first screenshot). 

If you'd like to purchase an upgrade through our website directly in the future you should be able to do so via the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/plans 

Last but not least, if you're still unable to locate the account that the said charge relates to and for Apple purchases, to view the history of your purchases, please follow the steps outlined here: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2727

From that page, you will be able to click on "Report a Problem" and request a refund. 

I wish I could be more helpful than this.

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

@Walter

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. When I try to report a problem it directs me to "contact the app's developer directly." I feel like both companies are giving me the runaround at this point. IMG_0247.PNGIMG_0248.PNG

Dropboxer

Thanks for the screenshot Meri - I appreciate it. 

May I reach out via email to your Dropbox associated address so we can have a further look into this with all of my tools available? 

Walter

Level 3

@Walter

Please and thank you! 

Dropboxer

I just found your existing ticket on our system and reached out there @MeriWright!

Take a look at my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience on this one.

Walter

Dropboxer

Following up on this, as per @MeriWright's request, this is what worked after all:

(restoring the purchase from the Dropbox app on the Apple device directly)

In order to do so, please follow the below steps:
1. Open your Dropbox app
2. Click on the "Dropbox" or "Account" tab on the bottom right of your screen
3. Click on the gear icon at the top of your screen to access your settings
4. Click on "Restore purchases"

This should activate the last upgrade.

If by any chance you can't see "Restore purchase" your app isn't up to date. Your best bet  will be to update your Dropbox app from the App Store on your device and try again.

I hope this helps!

Walter

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

HELP Dropbox claims to be full AFTER upgrading
9 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post