cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

How can I see how much space I am using in my Corporate DropBox account?

If I look at my account settings / plan, I believe it is showing me how much my company is using in total across all users of the Dropbox for Business plan.  Where can I see my individual usage within my corporate account?

5 Replies

Re: How can I see how much space I am using in my Corporate DropBox account?

Dropboxer
Hi there @MauriceSnell

If you’re an admin of a Business team, you can find out individual space usage for all members, including yourself, by navigating to the Members tab in the Admin Console

If you’re a member of a team though, you can find out how much storage you’re using by asking your admin, or by navigating to the Plan tab if there is a space usage limitation (in which case, your individual and team quota usage should both appear). 

I hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Thanks Lusil, but this doesn't help if (like me) you are neither the admin, nor do we have individual or team limits.  Is asking my admin really the only way?  Surely Dropbox can add a display of used space?

I need to know how much space to give to a server that is going to download the whole dropbox.

Dropboxer
Hey again @MauriceSnell

I understand your train of thought but, currently you’re able to view the team’s space usage through your Plan tab as you’re on a subscription used by teams. 

However, one way that you can manually calculate your individual storage would be by the folders residing in your account. To find the size of all your folders in your account, you can:
  1. Sign in to the website
  2. Go to the Files tab. 
  3. Select the first folder you see in your list of contents by marking the box on the left side of it with a tick, press the Shift button on your keyboard, and select the last folder you see with a check-mark. This should ‘highlight’ all folders in your Files tab. 
  4. Ensure that one of the sorting categories at the top is set to Size
  5. Once you do, on the right side of your screen, the option to Calculate size should appear. 
You can also find this info in this article.

I understand that this may not be the ideal reply you were looking for, but I’d be more than happy to pass your comments along to the dev team for future review. 

Finally, due to account-specific info required (in case you have any trouble with this or if you have any other questions) I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile. As such, don’t hesitate to ping me back through the email interaction I’ve created for you. 

Thanks in advance! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Thanks again.  To be clear, when you say "To find the size of all your folders", this only finds the individual sizes for each folder, and let's say I have 50 top-level folders in my Files tab, plus some individual files, I would need to myself add together the 50+ individual sizes to get the total, right?  Currently (outside of the admin area which I don't have access to), there's no way to see the total usage of my own files?

Dropboxer
Thanks for writing back, @MauriceSnell

I understand that this is not the ideal solution for you, but currently, your admin has the capability to see member usage from their end and members can see the team’s usage from the Plan tab. 

However, I’ve contacted you directly to the email address connected to your Community account, as sensitive info would be necessary to further assist you. As such, please check your inbox for my latest message and don’t hesitate to give me a nudge via email if you do require further assistance or you have any other questions for me. 

Thank you once again!

Lusil

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How can I see how much space I am using in my Corporate DropBox account?
5 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post