cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell how many files I have in my Dropbox?

How can I tell how many files I have in my Dropbox?

Seth D.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I just started using Dropbox. I'm just looking to confirm that the correct number of files moved over from my computer.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This should help: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Space/Is-there-a-way-to-see-a-file-count-of-how-many-files-you-have-...

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

Normally the OS provides that information from your dropbox folder on your harddrive. Hover over the DB icon to see if it is "up to date".

Omar M.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I only have part of my Dropbox synced to my PC. Is there a way to tell how many files are in my Dropbox without first syncing everything to my PC?

(I'm just curious how many files are in there)

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

Have not see a way to do that.

Nigel B.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm bewildered that Dropbox doesn't tell users how many files there are in a folder, it sounds like such a simple thing to do, and extremely useful, and reassuring if we have the same number online compared to the hard drive. All other methods mentioned in this forum and others are such a hassle, and no, some users don't have all the equivalent files on their hard drive. Why doesn't Dropbox reply to these posts? Or even better, just fix it so we can see how many files there are.

Rick_M
Experienced | Level 13
Go to solution

DB does not share their 'roadmap' for new features, so you can keep your fingers crossed.

Ed C.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Think I just figured this out... or at least how to see how many files are in a given folder...  within a folder it will show you just above the file-names how many files you have selected. So, if you select all files within the folder, that will tell you the total number...  (to select all files, first select the file at the top of the list, hold down the shift key while you scroll to the bottom and select the very last file)     Unfortunately I don't see a way of selecting multiple folders to determine the number of files...  if I stumble on it I will post..

David K.136
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have the same questions regarding verification of files and folders that are synced from my hard drive and Dropbox.com.  With no way to tell they are or how many folders and files I have to compare how can I have confidence with this action.  It does seem like a logical and simple task anyone would want to do.

Dropbox support if the worst for any programs or software I have ever used from day one.  They must support their clients better.  Please fix this Dropbox.  You need and extra $20 a year....you can have it.......put a person on the phone.  Otherwise you will see people move on to personal clouds.

Cavalier King C
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have a very simple simple question - how can I tell how many files are inside each folder.  I cant seem to find the answer anywhere????

8caz8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am also bewildered such a basic functionality isn't there. It's so BASIC and so IMPERITIVE!!!!!! I would never have signed up if i had known it was so rubbish. How can anyone be sure everything has actually loaded...??? 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Tallguy924 New member | Level 2
    Ed Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    8caz8 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?