Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

How is my referral space calculated?

Level 2

Hi, there. May I ask if I have referred 16gb friends for basic account, and then I upgrade to dropbox plus for a short time. During this time, can I refer another 16 friends to get 32gb free space? So I can get 48gb referal space?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Get more referral space

Super User

Hi @Mike29, I think you can refer a maximum of 32 persons from a Dropobx account whether Basic or Plus or Pro. If you are a Basic user, you get 500 MB bonus space for each successful invitation. For a Plus/Pro user, the bonus space is 1 GB for each successful invitation. Since, you have already reached your limit, you cannot get bonus space for any new invites. Now, if you upgrade to Plus or Pro, your bonus space will double, i.e., 32 GB. However, if you downgrade to Basic in future, your bonus space would return to 16 GB. 

Level 8
It should not be limited to 32. Better if it's 50 or 100

Level 2

why should it be limited at all if you are referring people?

how do I know if I reached max of 16gb?

Level 2

Max space earned through referrals is 16GB.  You start out with 2GB Free, so max number of referrals at 500MB per referral that you can get credit for is 28 referrals.

Super User II

@rmap wrote:

Max space earned through referrals is 16GB.  You start out with 2GB Free, so max number of referrals at 500MB per referral that you can get credit for is 28 referrals.

That's incorrect. The maximum number of referrals you can get credit for is 32.

If you have a Basic account and have successfully earned all of your referrals (and haven't earned any other bonus space), you'll have 18GB of space; the initial 2GB + 16GB for your referrals (500MB x 32).

If you have a Plus or Professional account with all of your referrals, you'll have 34GB over the paid storage; the initial 2GB + 32GB for your referrals (1GB x 32) + your paid storage (1TB for Plus, 2TB for Professional).

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

How is my referral space calculated?
5 Replies
6 Likes
Solved! : See solution