cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

How to disable Dropbox almost full notification?

funkup
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to have the CHOICE to disable the "Dropbox Almost Full" notification.

As a temporary solution, I have chose to not start Dropbox on system boot and close it, but I would like to know how can I disable this message with Dropbox open.

32 Replies 32

Shimaaji
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

- Open the Action Center. (The speech bubble icon beside the clock, where (among other things) you get a list of all your notifications.)

- Right-click the intrusive piece of **bleep** dropbox spam notification.

- Click the "Turn off notifications" option to disable all notifications from dropbox.

An option to just get rid of the spam notification would be preferable, but I guess this is the next-best thing to do.

David_Keating
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

SOLUTION:

In windows 10 after the annoying notification, click on the speach bubble icon on the lower right of your screen, this brings up the notifictaion/ action area, right click on the dropbox notification above then " Disable notifications for this group."

That should stop you being pestered.

-dk

Lzy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I need a way shut this notification off.
It ruins and affect some of my fullscreen programs.
For example:
Blocks screen from the corner where notification shows
Freezes some programs and THIS IS BAD!
Need to switch back to desktop and click it, can freeze or make some of the programs unstable.

Why should the solution be to remove files when you still have plenty of room in your account... This is so ridiculous.

ckonder
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

That is the best answer! Thanks

sihtkcuf
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

this is not an answer. why is this thread marked "solved"?

Rik W.1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Why does everyone presenting an answer not read the question?

The problem is not having ANY notification. There are several posts here that describe how to turn off ALL notifications. The problem is having a persistent 'almost full' notification, even when the user is aware of being close to the limit.

There is currently no way to turn off that message SELECTIVELY, so this thread should not be marked solved, because it is not.

Buying more space is not a solution. If you think it is: so is moving to a competitor. I understand this is Dropbox's business model, but the belittling makes me angry.

</rant>

JessiMew
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Actually, this can be disabled in your windows settings.

1. Push windows key and type Notification & Actions.
  2. Scroll down to "Get notifications from these senders".
  3. Find dropbox and select off.

This should fix all dropbox is full messages on windows 10.  If this does not work for you this could be because you have not purchased a full copy of windows 10.  You can purchase one and these settings will work.

Rik W.1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

@JessiMew,

Actually, this can be done in 1 easy step:

1. uninstall Dropbox

This will stop the almost full notification as well. It is not an answer to the question, but nor is yours. You would have noticed this if you had the decency to read any part of this page. Your 'solution' is even equivalent to the accepted answer.

I applaud your willingness to help, but please apply that willingness to threads where your solution is actually helpfull.

JessiMew
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Its weird when you type uninstall dropbox in your search it just brings your browser up. :open_mouth:  

But seriously this is the only way for a user to fix the issue and continue using dropbox without the constant popup's.  This is not something that can ever be fixed by the community unless you go in and edit the code of dropbox which I would not recommend.

aerovistae
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

this is almost enough to make me cancel my account.

Need more support?