cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I have free space but dropbox online says I dont???

Level 3

I use the dropbox web access only- I got no app, nothing installed on my phone or computer. I need up upload 3gb folder but it says I got no space left. My total space allowance is 4.25gb and I am  using 0.9gb of it. I dont get where the issue is: 4.25-0.9=0.35. Help!!???

8 Replies

Re: I have free space but dropbox online says I dont???

Level 3

oops. it equals 3.35gb (not0.35) but you get the point- plenty of gb space left for a 3gb file- so why cant I upload??

Dropboxer

Out of curiosity, have you tried switching browsers, ensuring that you’re not running any browser extensions, or checked if you’re able to upload successfully through an incognito browser?

If you’re still having trouble with this, could you send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) so as to ensure that I have a better understanding of what you’re seeing?

Thanks in advance! grinning face with smiling eyes

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Hi- Thanks for your reply. I used both Chrome and Firefox with the same result. Hope you can see the photos below as dropbox communities gave me an error code when I tried to attach them the usual way.  As you can see my friend sent me a 3gb folder which I need to add to my dropbox. But is says I need more space...the second photo shows I have 3.35gb of space so not sure why I cant add the file my friend sent.???

Capture 1.jpg2.JPG

Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshots, @Padidto5!

Hmm. thinking face Could you please ask the user who shared this with you to double-check the size of the shared folder? They can calculate the size of the folder through the website by following the steps here.

Let me know what they find!

P.S. I also removed some personal information included in your image attached for security and privacy purposes. 

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

Thanks Lusil- the actual file size in my friend's dropboc was not 3gb like my screen showed but 3.86gb so it was still over my limit.

Thanks for all your help!

Dropboxer
Glad I could help with this, @Padidto5smiling face with halo

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Level 2

Hello Lusil
I have the same kind of problem that Padidto5 described. Except that I have 1 gb of space bought and so far I have used only 10% of it, that is around 100 MB. Now I tried to upload a 300 MB file, (measured according to Windows - properties) and it says that I need 250 MB of more space.
Can you help me please ?

Dropboxer
Let’s see what we can find, @gcpalpiteria

As a first step, could you please clarify from where you tried to upload this file? Was it through the website, the desktop app, or the mobile app?

Please bear in mind that if you tried this through the website, any file or folder that you upload must be 50 GB or smaller. For larger files or folders, use the desktop or mobile apps, which don’t have a file size limit.

For this reason, could you also double-check the size of the file or folder you tried to upload and send me a screenshot of the error message (without any personal info)? 

Any additional info would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Lusil

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I have free space but dropbox online says I dont???
8 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post