cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

I haven't received my Samsung promotional space?

Wylberth G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I didn´t receive my 48GB, why? I need help!

213 Replies 213

Mark M.47
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

i just purchased a Samsung note 4 and didn't get my space.  i also got one for my wife and she didn't either.  we both had an account previously.  both are on rogers in canada and dropbox was preinstalled

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hi Mark!

Have you or your wife already got some free space thanks to a Samsung offer?

Mark M.47
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

yes from our previous phones.

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Unfortunately, each user account is only eligible to redeem one promotion of a certain type.

This is because promotions of the same type cannot be “stacked” on one account, so as you’ve already redeemed one promotion of a certain type, you and your wife won't be able to redeem another. 

Sorry for that, and have a nice week!

richard p.29
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

When my 50 gb promotion expires and I don't upgrade what happens to my pictures.? I have a full 50 gb worth of pictures in my Dropbox. 

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey Richard 🙂

So, Dropbox *never* deletes your files.

Even if your free space expires, your pictures will still be on your Dropbox account.

The only difference is that you won't be able to upload new one, as long as you'll be over quota.

To be able to sync files again, you will have to delete the files that make you over quota, or to upgrade to a paying subscription, like Dropbox Pro.

Have a great Thursday!

Iole C.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi guys.   I just purchased a new a samsung smartphone, and my husband  tried to link the dropbox promotion to an already "promoted" account,  before realizing  that it didn't work due the fact that an account is elegible  just one single time (the app absolutely doesn't alert about it!).

Is there any chance to "start again from zero" linking the promotion to other account   ?

I tried to cancel and install again the app on smartphone, linking  to my personal Dropbox account (i never got the promotion) and it  seems didn't work.    

Iole

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Just link it to the other account and it'll be fine. 

However, you have to use the FACTORY installed version - so you're going to need to flash the device back to default settings. It does not work if you install/upgrade Dropbox in anyway. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Brian F.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

More clarification needed on when the free 48GB account expires at end of 2 years offered by Samsung/Dropbox promotion...

1: I currently have my phone "Gallery App" pointing to the dozens of GB's of photos I have stored in this free 48 GB Dropbox package for 2 years. Will my phone still have access to these photos to view them once the free 48 GB offer expires?

2: Will I be able to download any of the zipped files I have stored on this free 48 GB offer once it expires. I am not talking about syncing data with the PC Application, but instead using the Web Browser interface to download files one by one manually?

3: I have a shared folder in Dropbox as part of the free 48 GB offer that I share with my wife. She only accesses this data from her phone. Will she still have access to view contents of this folder once the offer expires?

Thanks.

Laureline
Community Manager
Go to solution

Hey Brian!

So, I can't reply for 1. as it's not an issue directly related to Dropbox.

1. You will be able to download any file from your Dropbox account.

You will just be over quota, so you will still be able to download, view and delete any file from your account.

1. Shared folders take space on both accounts ; in your case, your shared folder take space on your account, and the same space on the account of your wife. It won't change anything for her.

Hope this helps!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Juan Antonio A. New member | Level 1
    Richard P. Super User alumni
    Miguel B.1 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?