cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

no

Highlighted

I've deleted files but why is my account reporting that it's full?

Level 2

I got a notice my dropbox is full. I went online and deleted a lot of picture files but it has not reduced the size of my box, even after permanently deleted them from the "deleted files" folder. How do I get my dropbox to update?

1 Reply

Re: Dropbox Full

Super User II

Deleted files do not use quota, so, that wont have done anything.

Dropbox will update instantly when you delete files, but, its important to remember that if you were, for example, 2gb over quota and deleted 100,000 files but that only equated to 1gb in size you would still be 1gb over quota. The number of files is almost imaterial - its the size that matters. 

Its also worth remembering that Shared Folders use quota, so, if you are in any and they've suddenly added LOADS of data etc. that will also use up your space.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

I've deleted files but why is my account reporting that it's full?
More about this post
1 Reply
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post