Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I've lost some documents and my space seems to be less than expected. Any ideas?

Level 2

I've referred about 20 people who are using Drop Box but my space was drastically reduced.  We are all going to switch to Google Drive for less hassle. Shame on Dropbox!  No notice, just lost documents

1 Reply

Re: Less space

Super User II

@betsiegoad wrote:

I've referred about 20 people who are using Drop Box but my space was drastically reduced.

Space earned through referrals is permanent. Once earned, you do not lose it. Space earned through other promotions is often time limited.

No notice, just lost documents

A reduction is space doesn't delete files, ever. If your space is reduced to a point where you have more data than allocated space, you simply won't be able to sync your files. All of your files would remain accessible in your account, but you wouldn't be able to add or change any files without either increasing your space or manually removing files to make space.

If you lost files, then something else is the cause. Dropbox does not delete your files. Only you, others with access to your account or other applications that you've linked to your account can delete your files.

Have you tried to recover any files?

Space

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I've lost some documents and my space seems to be less than expected. Any ideas?
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post