Everything you want to know about Dropbox Paper Learn more

Ineligible?

SOLVED
3 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Ineligible?

My older brother, who's not remotely tech savvie (he calls my laptop The TARDIS) is presently visiting me from the other end of the country.  I sent him a Dropbox invite back in 2013 and he's never really worked out how to use it. He has a profile on my laptop and uses it when here.  I downloaded Dropbox onto his profile in an effort to teach him how to use it but was surprised to see his account listed in my account as "Ineligible".  Why?  I sent him the invite fair and square years ago and am now attempting to teach him how to use it so that we can share pictures, etc.  Aren't they two good things I've done in order to 'spread' knowledge of your product?

His partner is also here.  She's a little bit more knowledgeable than him on her laptop, but not much.  I sent her an invitation too AND set her up AND taught her a little about how it works.  Again, I'm 'selling' your product FOR you.  There were no issues setting her up and I did get the 500MB bonus.

The thing is, my brother doen'st have his own laptop.  When here, he's usually on mine and when home, on his girlfriends'.  So, how does his account become eligible???  How do I get the 500MB owed me?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User

Re: Ineligible?

Dingledoodie wrote:

He has a profile on my laptop and uses it when here.  I downloaded Dropbox onto his profile in an effort to teach him how to use it but was surprised to see his account listed in my account as "Ineligible".  Why?

Because he didn't install Dropbox on to a unique computer. Your computer has already been used to conenct to Dropbox. No one else can use it to claim a referral bonus.

So, how does his account become eligible???  How do I get the 500MB owed me?

He needs to install Dropbox on to a unique computer; one that hasn't been used with Dropbox yet.

3 Replies
Solution
Super User

Dingledoodie wrote:

He has a profile on my laptop and uses it when here.  I downloaded Dropbox onto his profile in an effort to teach him how to use it but was surprised to see his account listed in my account as "Ineligible".  Why?

Because he didn't install Dropbox on to a unique computer. Your computer has already been used to conenct to Dropbox. No one else can use it to claim a referral bonus.

So, how does his account become eligible???  How do I get the 500MB owed me?

He needs to install Dropbox on to a unique computer; one that hasn't been used with Dropbox yet.

Level 2

Rich wrote:

He doesn't  have his own PC.  He and his partner share her laptop.

Super User

You'll almost certainly find that its ineligible for the promotion I'm afraid then.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible!