In need of some #MondayMotivation? Read more

Missing Storage Space

SOLVED
7 Comments
7 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Missing Storage Space

I don't have any files in my personal Dropbox but it says I am using 1.9 GB of space.  I do have some files being shared with me by others but those aren't my files nor did I upload them so they shouldn't be taking up my personal space.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Missing Storage Space

MySoy wrote:

I do have some files being shared with me by others but those aren't my files nor did I upload them so they shouldn't be taking up my personal space.

Actually, they do take up your personal space. Any files that are in your account, whether you uploaded or they're part of a shared folder that you've joined, count against your storage quota.

7 Replies
Solution
Super User II

MySoy wrote:

I do have some files being shared with me by others but those aren't my files nor did I upload them so they shouldn't be taking up my personal space.

Actually, they do take up your personal space. Any files that are in your account, whether you uploaded or they're part of a shared folder that you've joined, count against your storage quota.

Level 2

How do i get rid of files shared with me that I don't want taking up space, since anything shared counts against my dropbox storage space?

Super User II

You can remove the share from your Dropbox. See here for informaiton on how:

Level 2

Can I select the sub-folders inside the main shared folder? I don't have enough storage to accept all the shared contents and some of them are useless to me.
Super User II

I'm afraid not - its all or nothing. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II

No, you can't.

Level 2

this is sad.