Referral space is not received

SOLVED
5 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
mb2 Level 2
Level 2

Referral space is not received

I have invited two of my brothers and a friend of mine and they all installed their dropbox using my referral link but my referral page shows me they are waiting for install.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: Referral space is not received

That means they've not yet installed it on a unique computer.

Mobiles and tablets do not count towards referrals. It needs to be on a computer via www.dropbox.com/install rather than via an app store.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

5 Replies
Solution
Super User II

That means they've not yet installed it on a unique computer.

Mobiles and tablets do not count towards referrals. It needs to be on a computer via www.dropbox.com/install rather than via an app store.

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

mb2 Level 2
Level 2

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate talking to someone instead of being refered to some pages totally unrelated to my issue.

First of all this is not clear at all on the referral page and phone is the first thing most people these days use to accept a referral. Second My younger brother installed it on his android phone and it gave me 500 mb instantly and so I had no reason to believe there is a restriction on that. Third one of these three invitees tried it on his desktop as well and yet I still see the same message in my referral page. 

I appreciate your help.

Super User II

Maybe the Android phone has some sort of quirky set up - but, it shouldnt have given him the space.

In terms of where the page says it, you've obviously missed it because it is the first line of the page (https://www.dropbox.com/referrals) which says "For every friend who joins and installs Dropbox on their computer".

Very clear, I'm afraid, that its a computer and not mobiles.

mb2 Level 2
Level 2

Yes, but it doesn't clarify that it can not be phone or tablet. Especially when I saw it worked once on an android phone why should we think it's going to be different on iPhone. And also the iPhone one has tried it on a PC afterward and it still gives me the same message!

Dropboxer

Hi mb2

As indicated on the following help center article, in order for users to receive extra space through referrals, the recepients have to install the desktop aplication. 

Hope  that this helps you clarify!

Thanks, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow